Full Time Risk Analyst, Credit Risk Management - easyhome (Mississauga)
This job has been filled, please visit our Jobs Page to see list of current openings or apply for a Future Opportunity!
easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise leasing company, with locations coast to coast. Our retail stores are at the heart of our tight-knit corporate community. Our subsidiary, easyfinancial services, which offers personal loan services across Canada, is positioned for exponential growth over the next two years. We strive to deliver high quality service and great customer experiences all while making financial services more accessible in local communities. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, with industry-leading compensation and incentives, an outstanding team culture, and unlimited advancement opportunities.
Easyhome Ltd. is seeking an analytical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities to provide analytics expertise in a fast growing consumer lending business. The successful applicant will assist the Senior Manager, Credit Risk Management, in developing, implementing and managing the proper and appropriate level of risk analysis, monitoring and controls to ensure sound and consistent credit risk management practices to create the foundation for profitable growth. Additionally, he/she will provide in-depth analytics to support the company’s e leasing business, liaising with various business units to meet their data requirements. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in consumer portfolio risk analytics in a financial services, retail or online environment.
Data Mining and Analysis
- Conduct deep analytical dives to properly diagnose, document and report drivers of unexpected changes to portfolio/origination composition and credit performance across multiple lending channels including retail lending, online lending and indirect lending. Communicate findings including future impacts to losses and proposed recommendations as required.
- Assist in the development of risk models for the purposes of origination, account management and collections.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve credit risk decisioning and underwriting strategies, along with improvements to existing reports, processes and procedures.
- Perform analysis leading to credit strategy optimization, including but not limited to customer risk segmentation development that improves the portfolio’s risk-reward profile. Apply expertise and knowledge of financial services to understand profitability and performance drivers and build programs to optimize net financial contribution.
- Work with various departments to provide risk analytics that evaluate current business processes and enhance decision making capabilities, providing quantitative analysis on a portfolio and segment level to both the consumer finance and leasing businesses of easyhome.
- Forecast key business metrics including loss rates, approval rates, loan conversion rates, and credit quality for new initiatives and marketing campaigns
Forecasting and Reporting
- Maintain a standard set of risk and performance reports that evaluate the overall credit risk of the portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of reports to identify delinquency and charge off trends at the vintage and segment levels. Apply observations to loss forecasting models to capture current trends and communicate to Senior Management to identify risks and opportunities to the forecast.
- Oversee and conduct sensitivity and scenario analyses to understand the impact of exogenous factors, policy and operational changes on delinquency and charge off levels.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Credit Risk and the Vice President, Risk and Analytics in providing an independent assessment of the risk profile and performance of the easyfinancial portfolio as well as the overall business unit by regularly monitoring key risk indicators, conducting periodic credit reviews, and consistently communicating findings to Senior Management.
- Strong knowledge of retail credit risk and portfolio management, quantitative methodologies, risk models and tools.
- Strong technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in a retail credit risk environment.
- Possess deep understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS and SQL.
- Thrives on working with, and in leading others in a “hands-on” capacity sharing best practices and coaching for future development.
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action.
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving environment with shifting priorities with the capacity to handle multiple competing demands and meet tight turnaround timelines.
- Possess solid communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to convey complex information and concepts in understandable terms.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in retail and/or financial services credit risk management and analytics.
- Sound knowledge of credit risk/portfolio management procedures and principles.
- University Degree in statistics, math or a related discipline (advanced degree is desired).
- Knowledge and practical application of data mining and statistical principles involved in model development.
- Superior analytical skills – demonstrated ability to understand complex problems, detect trends, and understand data to develop and formulate solutions.
We offer a competitive salary, an annual incentive plan, benefits, and growth opportunities. We thank all interested applicants; however we will only be contacting those which possess the skills and qualifications as outlined above. Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities at easyhome are endless. Join us to make yourself at home.