Full Time Category Manager-Buyer - easyhome (Mississauga)
This job has been filled, please visit our Jobs Page to see list of current openings or apply for a Future Opportunity!
easyhome Ltd. is Canada's largest merchandise lease company, and the third largest in North America, offering top-quality, brand name household furnishings, appliances, and home electronic products. With 240 easyhome locations and 115 easyfinancial branches, take your career to the next level and join easyhome!
easyhome Ltd. is seeking an experienced, motivated, and energetic Category Manager–Buyer that will bring insight, passion, and knowledge to the role. The ideal candidate will have previous buying experience in the areas of furniture, appliances, electronics and computers and demonstrate competitive action and top performance.
- Make recommendations on buying strategy to VP
- Build product range profile using your exceptional category management skills
- Build price architecture
- Select merchandise to be sold in our Canadian and US locations by sourcing open markets
- Assist in preparing budgets and providing forecasts
- Exceed category growth goals
- Research and recommend products and new revenue opportunities
- Review sales per square ft, product mix, profit per product, and optimum levels
- Make recommendations on space allocation
- Analyze product participation and recommend ways to maximize sales and profitability
- Monitor competitor activity and recommend strategies to dominate/maintain/ improve competitive position
- Contribute fully as a member of the marketing/merchandising team
- Initiate and finalize negotiations under the direction of the VP
- Build relationships with external vendor contacts, sales reps, manufacturers, distributors, etc.
- Breakdown: 75% sourcing merchandise and 25% reporting
- Minium 5 years of Prior retail buying and merchandising experience, ideally with some experience in the furniture category
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to grow product categories
- Post secondary education in merchandising/marketing or a related field of study
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and at a fast pace
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making capabilities
We offer a competitive salary, an annual incentive plan, benefits, and growth opportunities. We thank all interested applicants; however we will only be contacting those which possess the skills and qualifications as outlined above. Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities at easyhome are endless. Join us to make yourself at home.