HR Administrator - Mississauga
This job has been filled, please visit our Jobs Page to see list of current openings or apply for a Future Opportunity!
easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise leasing company, with locations coast to coast. Our retail stores are at the heart of our tight-knit corporate community. Our subsidiary, easyfinancial services, which offers personal loan services across Canada, is positioned for exponential growth over the next two years. We strive to deliver high quality service and great customer experiences all while making financial services more accessible in local communities. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, with industry-leading compensation and incentives, an outstanding team culture, and unlimited advancement opportunities. If you’re a hardworking, driven, and committed individual interested in advancing your career, join us and make yourself at home.
We are currently looking for HR Administrator for our support centre in Mississauga.
POSITION OVERVIEW: HR ADMINISTRATOR
The HR Administrator will work closely with the Human Resources team to manage HR processes and retention activities. Support an inter-disciplinary team that includes the HR team, field team with a view of managing and improving retention efforts, results and development, and other human resources related functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT
- Work with Human Resource Generalist to ensure that HR Processes are being supported and adhered to in the field.
- As required, analyze, modify and create management and policy changes, update internal HR Intranet with updated information
- Oversee the accuracy and reliability of all administrative processes in the division
- Contributing to HR projects
- Support in the preparation of promotional, transfer, demotion letters, Performance Development Plans
- Administering the new performance management system.
- Providing data for and preparing management information reports and documents.
- Establishing, organizing and supervising the maintenance of department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Health & Safety Programs (e.g. WHIMS,(workplace hazards) first aid & CPR training). Monitors the workplace to ensure that employees operate in a safe and healthy work environment. Investigates and reports on workplace accidents. Assists in building inspections and oversees the implementation of government requirements.
- Assist with EH&S orientation program and act as a support to employees for EH&S issues. Work closely with management and employees to identify, counsel and resolve employee relations issues in a timely and mutually beneficial manner
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews
- Well versed with employment legislation and labour laws
- Retail and/or service sector experience helpful
- Willing and able to travel to stores
- Excellent computer skills
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel
- Business degree/HR would be considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Understands regulatory compliance as it relates to standard tasks.
- Possesses knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits and HR information systems.
- Position requires knowledge of HR principles, policies, procedures and practices, including Employment Standards Act.
- Strong research, data collection and analysis skills.
ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn new processes quickly
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Analytical with the ability to organize tasks and establish priorities
- Professionalism, tact and reasoning capabilities
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Superb persuasion and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent problem-solving, influencing and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills
We offer a competitive salary, an annual incentive plan, benefits, and growth opportunities. We thank all interested applicants; however we will only be contacting those which possess the skills and qualifications as outlined above. Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities at easyhome are endless. Join us to make yourself at home.